There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Race Forward is delighted to invite your application to our 2017-2018 Racial Equity in the Arts Innovation Lab.
Race Forward is a national racial justice organization that advances its work through research, media and practice. We publish the daily news site Colorlines and present Facing Race, the country’s largest multiracial conference on racial justice. With support from the New York City Cultural Agenda Fund in The New York Community Trust, we are pleased to provide this Innovation Lab for 60 New York City arts and cultural organizations to deepen their racial equity work.
The Racial Equity in the Arts Innovation Lab will run from June 2017 to June 2018, and will support participating arts leaders in developing and implementing strategic racial equity prototypes, either within their organizations or in-cross organizational collaborations in the arts sector.
The Lab will incorporate training on topics such as racial justice, community and stakeholder engagement, race-explicit policymaking and cultural equity. To support organizations in racial equity work-planning and implementation, all participants will also receive coaching and technical assistance from Race Forward's training and coaching team. In 2018, participating organizations will be eligible to be nominated for prototype awards for ongoing racial equity work.
For more detailed information about Race Forward's Arts Lab, it's goals, phases and applicant eligibility requirements, please read our FAQ document and watch our informational webinar recording.
For the press release announcing our Arts Lab, visit our Race Forward press page.
To be selected for participation in the Lab, each organization must:
- send a multi-racial team of TWO staff members
- commit to participating in five days of in-person trainings and gatherings (dates for all gatherings in Summer 2017 and Spring 2018 are listed on the application)
- commit to identifying and implementing a strategic, thoughtful prototype and intervention for racial equity with support from peers and racial equity coaches.
- You'll need to create a free Submittable.com account to apply.
- You'll need to identify two members of your team to fill out this application. Preference will be given to multiracial teams, with representation from organizational leadership.
- This application has 26 questions and should take approximately 40-45 min to complete.
- You will be able to review, revise and save your application responses before submitting.
- The deadline for application submissions is midnight on May 8th, 2017.
- We will let all applicants know whether they are selected for the Racial Equity in the Arts Innovation Lab on Monday, May 22nd, 2017.
Race Forward welcomes your questions about our Lab and your application!
- You can check out our FAQ document which has more details.
- You can review the presentation slides from our informational webinar or watch the full recording of the webinar.
- We're hosting office hours on Mondays and Thursdays from noon - 4pm ET. If you wish to schedule a call for questions, get support on your application, or inquire about Lab eligibility, requirements and commitments, please email the Arts Lab Team at email@example.com to set an appointment. We will also be answering questions via email.
Thank you for your time and we look forward to receiving and reading your application.
The Race Forward Arts Lab Team.