There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Dear Race Forward Arts Lab participants,
As we wrap up our racial equity training series and move forward into the next phase of our Lab -- which involves the designing and planning of your in-organizational racial equity intervention or prototype -- we'd like your team to spend some time thinking about your organizational choice points.
As a reminder:
Choice Points are areas of organizational decision-making that have racial implications or effects. Ideally, the choice points you select for intervention will be organizational areas where one or both of your team members have control, influence or decision-making authority.
Choice points are typically high-leverage opportunities that can produce ripple effects for racial equity throughout your organization. For your organizational prototype in the Lab, we'd like for your team to shortlist 2 or 3 choice points to work with.
In advance of our next workshop on August 17th, 2017, please do the following:
- Meet and talk with your team member about your options for organizational choice points.
- Read this short, 2-pg Choice Points Guidelines document.
- Fill out the homework questions on Submittable below (you'll need to create a free account -- or you can use the login created when your organization submitted your Lab application).
- Come to our workshop on August 17th prepared with no more than three (3) shortlisted choice points.
- And lastly, please don't forget to sign up for a check-in call with Nayana or Malcolm in August or September.
- You can review the Racial Equity Programs and Planning Guide again, if you like.
- As you answer these homework questions, you're welcome to enlist the help of any other colleagues, peers and allies in your organization as you see fit. It's not mandatory, but this is a good opportunity to solicit input from additional stakeholders.
All of this homework (with the exception of your conversations with your team and peers) should take 45-60 minutes to complete. The homework questions are the same ones you've worked on in Workshop 2 in July.
In late August, your answers will be shared with your assigned racial equity coach, and your responses will inform their initial coaching calls with your team and cluster.
Thank you! For questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All my best,